It’s hard to believe, but when Bikes Fight Poverty happens February 9-10, 2019, it will be our tenth annual ride. And guess what? Registration is open now!
As usual, 120+ cyclists will launch from downtown Phoenix and ride over 200 miles to Puerto Peñasco, Mexico – all to raise money to put families in houses.
But this year, we’re introducing something that will take this event to a whole new level. For the first time ever, Bikes Fight Poverty will include a Virtual Ride, giving you and your family the opportunity to raise money and fight poverty without ever leaving your neighborhood or gym. And best of all, the Virtual Ride is open to anyone, anywhere!
Here’s everything you need to know about both ride options.
- Mark the dates on your calendar: February 9-10, 2019.
- Returning riders receive a 15% discount on their registration.
- Registration fee of $210 covers all aspects of the ride, including food, lodging, transportation, swag bag (including a t-shirt and jersey), and the option of returning to Mexico for a house build in March.
- There’s a $500 fundraising minimum per rider. However, we do offer a Family Fundraising Plan. If two people from the same immediate family and household register together, their combined fundraising minimum is only $750. For three people, the minimum is $1000, and so on. Contact us for further details on that!
- Need a bike? Don’t worry, 2 Fish Garage may be able to help! This is a community bike garage that was created by one of our longtime riders specifically to provide bikes for those wanting to participate in Bikes Fight Poverty!
- Registration is only $20 for adults and $10 for kids 18 and under (with a paying adult) which includes a t-shirt to help you proudly rep 1MISSION right away. Then, in February, you’ll also receive the official 2019 Bikes Fight Poverty rider t-shirt as well.
- There is a $150 fundraising minimum. We offer a Family Fundraising Plan for this ride option as well. If two adults from the same immediate family and household register together, their fundraising minimum is only $275.
- To make things really interesting, we’ve got fundraising incentives for you! Stay tuned for more info on that.
Ready, set, go. Let’s change the world – one mile at a time!