Putting the FUN back in fundraising
Everyone who has ever participated in Bikes Fight Poverty – from riders to donors, from volunteers to staff – has been motivated by one thing.
We all want to make a lasting difference in the lives of the families we serve.
These families have already served at least 200 hours in their communities before they earn a house. Now, it’s our turn to raise the money it takes to build these houses. This year, with the addition of a Virtual Ride, our goal is to raise $200,000 through Bikes Fight Poverty.
We’ve never raised that much before, but with your help, we know it’s within reach.
Fortunately, when you register for Bikes Fight Poverty and create an online campaign to raise funds, you won’t be on your own. We’re with you. (Plus, we have it on good authority that fundraising can actually be fun.)
To walk you through each step of the process, we’ve created a step-by-step fundraising guide. It even includes sample social media posts and images you can use as you tell your friends and family why this is a cause you care so much about.
(Haven’t registered yet? Time to get on that!)
As a reminder, here are some specifics on what we ask our campaigners to commit to for the two ride options.
- $500 fundraising minimum for individual riders
- Family Fundraising Plan: when two people from the same immediate family and household register together, their combined fundraising minimum is only $750. For three people, the minimum is $1000, and so on. Contact us for further details on that!
- $150 fundraising minimum for individual riders
- Family Fundraising Plan: when two adults from the same immediate family and household register together, their combined fundraising minimum is only $275
- Since you all are a competitive bunch, here are some added incentives to stretch past your fundraising commitments:
- Raise $600 by February 1, 2019 and your entire family will be invited to the official Bikes Fight Poverty Launch Party
- Raise $1000 by November 15, 2018 and each participating adult will receive the official rider jersey
- Raise $1500 by March 1, 2019 and your family* will be invited to join the Bikes Fight Poverty team build over the weekend of March 15-18, 2019 (*restrictions may apply)
+ There are no commentsAdd yours